Leading global law firm seeks Professional Development & Legal Recruiting Manager. The position is an addition to headcount and will be based in their Los Angeles office. The Legal Recruiting & Development Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of attorney recruiting from lateral associates to partners. The Manager will collaborate with Director of Legal Recruiting and oversee a small team of legal recruiting support professionals. The successful candidate will be dynamic, responsive, organized, focused, and team player. In addition, he/she must be able to effectively communicate with attorneys, all levels of administrative staff and contacts outside the Firm both verbally and in writing. Must exhibit a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality.
Manager is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the firm’s attorney development, training, retention, recruiting and integration efforts. This is a working Manager role. While some work can be delegated, each member of the department is hands-on and must frequently work together across offices. This Manager must be comfortable both supervising and being supervised remotely. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Director to develop, plan and implement firm-wide skills training.
- Serve as a resource for attorneys regarding training opportunities.
- Work with Director on implementation and monitoring of the attorney mentoring program.
- Support continuing legal education (CLE) administration, including monitoring attorney bar admissions, continuing legal education compliance, and accredited provider status.
- Provide support and assistance to the Director in connection with the mid-year and annual attorney performance evaluation processes firm-wide, including support in coordinating with attorneys on submitting evaluations, reviewing evaluations, and analyzing and drafting evaluation summaries.
- Support all aspects of lateral attorney recruiting, ensuring appropriate communication and coordination with candidates, firm attorneys, administrative management, and any third-party recruiters.
- Draft offer letters and relevant materials.
- Formulate job descriptions for active attorney searches and facilitate searches.
- Establish, maintain and build relationships with third-party recruiters.
- Support Director in regard to all pre-employment administrative matters and communications with incoming attorneys. Conduct due-diligence for attorney candidates (e.g., references, bar admission verifications, conflicts checks, etc.).
- Support all aspects, in collaboration with administrative management, related to temporary/contract attorney recruiting and onboarding.
- Assist with entry-level attorney hiring, identify and manage outreach activities with law schools.
- Assist Director with strategic research projects, reports to management and other initiatives.
- Prepare and monitor recruiting and retention statistics.
- Manage and assist on survey responses as needed, including NALP, Vault, and HRC’s CEI.
- Assist with monitoring departmental budget in consultation with Director, Professional Development and Legal Recruiting.
- Supervise assigned department employees.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least five years’ of professional development and legal recruiting, including direct experience with lateral associate and partner; experience working for a law firm or other professional services firm is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Internet research skills required. Working knowledge of relational databases would be beneficial. Familiarity with viDesktop is a plus, but not required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
JO # 34039
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org