Prestigious, well respected firm is in need of a Professional Development Manager. The Professional Development Manager works closely with the Senior Director of Development and Diversity and various committees to coordinate and implement the firm’s attorney development and diversity objectives and programs. Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Development and Diversity, the Professional Development Manager works independently to manage critical attorney development and retention programs.
- Leads and participates in firm-wide projects and initiatives, with a focus on attorney training and development and diversity and inclusion.
- Develops, maintains, and facilitates attorney learning and development programs.
- Helps to facilitate associate review process to ensure the delivery of useful and meaningful performance evaluations.
- Helps to facilitate diversity initiatives.
- Project manages and/or supports special diversity-related and development projects.
Advisory and Consultation
- Meets individually with associates regularly to become a trusted advisor on their career development and goals.
- Provides associates with support and coaching on career-related matters.
- Helps to develop and implement strategies for recruiting and retention of diverse attorneys.
- Collaborates with Legal Recruiting to support diversity-related law school outreach and new associate programs.
- Partners with appropriate committees and partners to meet staffing demands.
- Analyzes development and diversity information and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes work assignment data to ensure equitable access to and distribution of client opportunities.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports as assigned.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years of experience as a diversity and/or development professional preferred; law firm experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys, and professionals.
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position evolves and Firm needs change.
- Ability to use independent judgment, problem solve, take initiative and follow through.
- Ability to use HRIS, timekeeper systems and other talent systems to retrieve data.
- Strong data and analytics knowledge and ability to review metrics, measure value and take appropriate action to move forward on initiatives.
- Ability to be available, as needed, to work extended hours, nights, weekends.
If interested and qualified, please submit your resume to [email protected]
Job Order #37253
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.