National law firm is seeking a Proposal Specialist to join their Los Angeles headquarter office in the Business Development department. This person plays an integral role in the Firm’s business development efforts by developing competitive, high-quality RFP (Request For Proposal) responses, proposals, pitch materials and presentations from start to finish. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the proposal development process – from RFP review and work plan development to document production, editing and final review as well as interview presentation deliverables. The Proposal Specialist position is a unique blend of writing, editing and project management. If you are recent college graduate with substantive writing experience (samples required), and looking for an opportunity with a very established firm that has room to grow, please submit your resume for IMMEDIATE consideration!
• Reviewing RFPs and collaborating with attorney proposal leads to understand the opportunity and how to communicate firm’s competitive advantages.
• Working closely with attorneys, business development staff, and various administrative departments to gather content, client relationship data, Firm statistics, and competitive intelligence.
• Establishing a work plan and ensuring strict adherence to interim and final deadlines leading up to proposal submission.
• Drafting, editing, formatting, and reviewing proposal documents, and ensuring the Firm’s final submission adheres to all RFP requirements.
• Preparing unique content and graphics (tables, graphs, etc.) to enhance a proposal’s overall appeal.
• Writing and producing various types of marketing collateral, including but not limited to proposals, interview presentations and supporting materials, and brochures for pitch meetings and templates.
• Archiving proposal content to experience database as part of proposal completion procedure.
• Tracking completed proposals to help maintain firm wide proposal statistics.
• Working with other business development and marketing staff to identify creative new ways to enhance proposal and presentation products.
* Bachelor’s degree in English, communications or journalism desired. Experience in writing for a business audience is a plus.
* Superior written and oral communication skills and editing and proofreading capabilities.
• *Flexibility and creativity to respond productively to the individualized needs of attorneys.
• *Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Must also be able to work well independently.
• *Strong client service orientation, exceptional time management skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
• *Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
*Represents basic qualifications for this Litigation Legal Secretary/Assistant position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Firm also offers full comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, 401k, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
JO # 35530