Outstanding international firm needs a Research Specialist for its’ Los Angeles office. The Research Specialist position provides non-legal research services for the Firm’s attorneys, paralegals, staff, and clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Works as part of the Research Services team to perform non-legal research in a wide range of subject including intellectual property and litigation.
- Performs complex research assignments requiring the utilization of specialized databases.
- Uses critical thinking to analyze each request and identify the best research resources
- Presents research results in a clear and logical manner including analysis of the results .
- Maintains specialized knowledge relating to patent research, IP ownership searching, corporate and financial transactions research.
- Requires ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Participates in the regular review and evaluation of new and existing resources
- Participates in the ongoing development and maintenance of the Library’s intranet and research guides.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master’s degree in library science, business, law, or the humanities.
- 3+ years of working research experience in a large law firm or corporate library
- Knowledge of corporate transactional, intellectual property and legal research resources.
- Strong customer service orientation,
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please submit resumes to [email protected]
Job Order #37262
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.