Prominent, elite, California based firm is in need of a Senior Staff Accountant who will support the day-to-day accounting functions of the firm while playing a key role in the maintenance and integrity of the general ledger. The Senior Staff Accountant collaborates with a team of accounting professionals, internal customers and firm management regularly to meet organizational goals and to support accurate financials.
• Support the maintenance and integrity of the firm’s financial activities and reporting through reconciliations and review of the general ledger.
• Identify errors and processes timely corrective adjustments monthly.
• Reconciliation of bank and balance sheet accounts
• Prepare and record journal entries, and maintenance of fixed asset schedules.
• Prepare and maintain financial schedules to support firm’s budgeting and reporting requirements.
• Month end and year end close processing
• Work with internal clients to support the integration, adoption and continuous improvement of
• Minimum of 5 years of experience, ideally in a law firm or other professional services organization.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
• Expert knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting and advanced ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Expert knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting
• Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles [GAAP] and the ability to apply them appropriately within the organization
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org