Prominent law firm is seeking a Staff Accountant for the Los Angeles office. This position requires a high degree of focus, and the ability to work under pressure on highly detailed transactions while maintaining accuracy and professionalism. Must understand full general ledger, have significant reconciliation experience, and have a general understanding of law firm billing, accounting, and trust procedures.
The staff accountant will be responsible for:
- The maintenance of the firm’s trust accounts, including preparation of outgoing checks and wire
- Monitoring of incoming receipts, and posting of trust transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for the firm’s operating accounts,
- Assist with preparation and posting of journal entries
- Perform account analysis, and provide general support to the accounting function.
5 plus years of hands-on financial experience, preferably in a law firm environment, including an understanding of law firm trust accounts.
- Experience in preparing high volume reconciliations and account analysis.
- Excellent technology skills including demonstrated proficiency in Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Minimum associate degree in accounting, prefer bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
Please email resume to Adrienne@matfar.com and reference JO #
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.